Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lately I've Been...

Doing homework. Yuck. Grad school has turned out to involve all sorts of things I don't want to do. Yeah, so wondering why I decided to do this, but then I remember that I actually enjoy school, and it doesn't seem so bad.

Mini roadtrip. I went on a one-day roadtrip with some family to Richmond so that I could visit the wonderful Apple Store! I finally got my iPad fixed up and a new battery for my laptop, so it's kind of like having all new stuff. Well, ok, not really, but my computer finally works. And yes, I was one of those people who cracked my iPad screen. Sadness. However, I feel proud to say that my method of cracking said screen was pretty unusual. My iPad was just lying on my bed acting all innocent when I pulled my iPod out of my pocket and tossed it onto the bed before I left my room. I have a feeling there's some sort of blood feud between the two that Apple's been keeping under wraps because my iPod totally went all Jackie Chan on my iPad and left a lovely little crack in the screen. I mean, I would totally be mad too if some other guy ripped off my name and my style and then everyone loved them more than me. 

Listening to new music! I've finally been able to buy some music I've had my eye on: 

Source: amazon.com via Dena on Pinterest

I'm loving Ed Sheeran's album. I woke up at 2am this morning and realized it was still playing on my iPod.

Source: amazon.com via Dena on Pinterest

And Fun. of course.

I know, you're probably wondering where I've been (hello! these albums came out like a year ago!). Well, I was probably listening to the country music station. Also, I have a love/hate relationship with music. But I've been branching out in my music tastes (disclaimer: I don't only listen to country music, but for some reason my radio is always on the country music frequency. Probably because I live in the south.)

Anyway, I also highly recommend Mumford & Sons, the Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, The Honey Trees, Josh Groban, Taylor Swift, First Aid Kit, Maroon 5, I could go on, but you really have no reason to trust me when it comes to music. I do play the flute and dabble in guitar every now and again, but seriously, I have no real musical taste. Up until maybe 8 years ago I pretty much didn't like music at all (weird, right?).

All right, I'm done for now. Good talk.

- Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment