Friday, January 18, 2013

Clarity

This blog has sat blank for some time now. I first started this back when I was an undergrad, and it wound up being a quasi-diary thing that was amazingly embarrassing. Luckily I believe it was rather anonymous. However, I've finally had a moment of clarity as to what I want this blog to be.

As a creative writing graduate student in the middle of Virginia, I want this to be about my love of books. I enjoy reading and writing (necessary for being a creative writing student), but I also love vintage things, especially vintage office supplies and books. I just recently got ahold of a vintage fan that is a gorgeous green color.

Anyway, I want to fill this space with all things vintage, book, and writing related. That will also probably include things that are dog and cat related as I think both go well with books. I'm probably going to be thinking about these things for a while, but I'll be back. One of my goals for the year is to blog regularly and meaningfully.

And now a picture of something both vintage and book-related. My life will not be complete until I acquire a beautifully old card catalog. I can still remember Marian our elementary school librarian (no joke, her name was actually Marian) showing us how to use the card catalog.



Incidentally, I spent a lot of time in the library in elementary school. My mom was very anti-DARE program, so during the DARE program in fifth grade I went to the library. Apparently my mom either thought teaching me not to do drugs insulted my intelligence or she figured if I knew about drugs I would immediately seek them out. Still not sure, but I like to think her reasoning was in line with the former.

Goodnight...Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment